HENRY M. DAVIDSON, attorney-at-law, with offices at Nos. 618 and 619 Bakewell building, Pittsburg, Pa., is a
native of West Deer township, Allegheny Co., Pa , where he was born in 1870 He is a son of Henry and Mary Davidson,
well known residents of West Deer township. His mother died in 1877. Mr. Davidson was educated in the common schools,
spent two years in the Pennsylvania State college, and graduated from the Western University of Pennsylvania in
1891. While attending college and the university, he worked as a civil engineer during vacations. In June, 1891,
he took the preliminary examinations to read law with the Allegheny law association, and was at once appointed
clerk of the association. During the two years that he served as clerk he prosecuted his legal studies, and, in
1893, was- admitted to the bar. He began the practice of law in Pittsburg, locating at No. 435 Diamond St., where
he remained until his removal to his present location. Politically, Mr. Davidson is a republican, and, in 1899,
he was elected to the common council of Allegheny city, representing the second ward of that municipality, in which
he resides. Two years later he was triumphantly re-elected, and before the expiration of his second term he was
made secretary of the citizens organization of Allegheny city. On May 6, 1903, he was appointed collector of delinquent
taxes for Allegheny city, which position he still holds. He was married, in 1900, to Miss Amelia Shaffer, of Allegheny
city, and they have one child, an infant son. Mr. Davidson has a good law practice, and in his private business
he enjoys the entire confidence of his clients, as in his official capacity he enjoys the full support and trust
of his constituents.
Memoirs of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
personal and genealogical with portraits.
Publishers: Northwestern Historical Association
Madison, Wis. 1904.
Allegheny County Pennsylvania Biographies
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium