H. W. MARTINDALE, lumberman, Bradford, was born in Erie, Erie (Jo., Penn., June 2, 1855, a son of A. C. and
Abbie (Borrows) Martindale, former a native of Erie county, and a farmer by occupation, latter a native of Jamestown,
Chautauqua Co., N. Y.; they are still living in Erie County, and are prominent members of the Presbyterian Church.
They have three children living: Elsie (wife of J. J. Wheelock, of Titusville), Ruby (living at home) and H. W.
H. W. Martindale was reared on the homestead farm, and received his education at the State normal school at Edinborough.
At the age of twenty three years he left home and located at Bolivar, N. Y., engaging in the livery business. He
was also a commercial traveler for three years. In 1884 he came to McKean county, and accepted a position with
H. S. Southard as foreman of his lumber mills in Hamilton township. This position he held for three years, and
has since been engaged in manufacturing lumber for B. Nesmith & Co., employing sixty men. In 1880 he married
Miss Ida, daughter of W. H. Burlingham, of Holland, Erie Co., N. Y., and they have one child: Roy E. Mrs. Martindale
is a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Mr. Martindale in politics is a Republican.
History of the Counties of
McKean, Elk and Forest,
With Biographical Selections.
J. H. Beers & Co., Publishers
McKean County, PA Biographies
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium